- Santander Brazil posted growing profit in 2016 thanks to its approach to commercial activity, risk (NPL ratio below the average of private sector banks), and costs, which are well-balanced (via initiatives such as the ‘Fit to grow’ programme).
- Solutions to improve the customer experience: Acquisition of 100% of the digital prepaid platform Conta Super; streamlining of processes with solutions such as Clique Único, for digitalisation of administrative work previously done on paper and reduce customer reponse time. The mobile banking app has become a benchmark in the market and has been valued highly in Apple Store and Google Play, while e-commerce sales have tripled.
- The bank has 6.4 million customers that regularly use digital services. Transactions made through digital channels represented 73% of total transactions and 6.3 million customers use biometric identification systems.
- Strengthening of businesses: Santander Financiamentos created joint ventures with Hyundai and Banco PSA Finance and launched a new digital model to improve the sales process. In wholesale banking, Santander participated in the country’s largest mergers and acquisitions reaching the leading position on the rankings.
- Innovation in retail banking: in the pay roll business, creation of Olé Consignado with Banco Bonsucesso; innovative initiatives in payments instruments (Santander Way, Getnet, arrangement with American Airlines). In the SME segment, in addition to its financial services, the bank has Avançar, a programme that helps businesses with staff training and international expansion.
- Santander is among the best companies to work for in Brazil, according to Great Place to Work.
- Santander Brazil included social and environmental aspects in the credit analysis of more than 1,000 companies in the corporate customer segment.
1. Million euros, change in local currency.
2. Change without repos.
CONTRIBUTATION TO GROUP PROFIT