Banco Santander wishes to provide the maximum level of accessibility to all its website's users www.santander.com. As such, the Bank is working on its development and maintenance in accordance with accessibility directives defined by the working group Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), of the Consortium for the World Wide Web (W3C), at level AA.
In line with this, Santander has adopted the following measures:
- Text size. The fonts used have relative sizes and the user may control the size from their browser.
- Design, navigation and interactivity. In order to achieve coherent browsing throughout the website, the same structural layouts were applied to all pages. The colour and contrast of elements were developed in such a way as to allow all users to accurately distinguish them.
- Interpretation of graphic resources. Images, banners and tables published on the portal include a description which makes it easier to understand the information contained in these graphic resources.
- Links. The majority of portal links provide an explanation on their destination and information on whether or not they will be displayed in a new window.
In applying these measures, Banco Santander has taken into account:
- WCAG rules (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) of the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium), at intermediate level (AA). Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
- A recommendation by the W3C on the Cascading Style Sheets, Level 2 (CSS 2.1).
- The recommended standard in using the HTML code, verifying the XHTML 1.0 Transitional recommendations.
If you encounter any kind of accessibility or usability problems in viewing the Portal or want to make any suggestions, you can do so through the contact form. Your opinion will contribute to the progressive improvement of the Portal.